Monday, January 21, 2013

Iconic

Martin Luther King Jr. has inspired many people by what he has done for our country. What he has done for our country has made him an icon. Martin Luther King Jr. is iconic, he has changed the world for African-Americans. Martin Luther King Jr. "had a dream", it has now made him an icon all over the world.

 Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is my favorite song. The chorus for this song is..."Hey I just met you and this is crazy, But here's my number, so call me maybe. It's hard to look right at you baby, But here's my number, so call me maybe." "Hey I just met you and this is crazy but here's my number, so call me maybe. And all the other boys try to chase me. But here's my number, so call me maybe." This song means a lot to me because last summer this was (what seemed like) the only song my cousin and I listened too. We continued to listen to the song long into the school year also. I absolutely love this song because she would hear it on the radio, and then text me the song lyrics. It sounds stupid but she heard the song almost every Friday night. I would be either on the bus going to the football game, or be at a football game. She would also be going to a different football game and would hear the song. It was more or less a way that we could both keep in touch with each other while still continuing our busy lives. Many funny memories were made when we both listened to the song together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purple